Thank you to Corporate Housekeeping for nominating me for the Beautiful Blogger Award.
Your entries make working, taking care of kids, and blogging look so easy. I love that I can feel your passion in the random things that you talk about. I certainly admire the places that your adventures take you. Some of these places I have been to as a child, or I have seen pictures or postcards of, but your stories make the places more meaningful. Keep up the good work, fcg!
Here are the rules for this award:
- Post seven interesting things about myself
- Nominate other bloggers who I feel deserve the award
- Let them know about the nomination
“Interesting” is a word that I frequently use with my students when I want them to include more details to their writing or artwork. I think we can all agree that these are just trivial facts about me…
- I am a certified open water scuba diver. Growing up in a country that boasts of world-class beaches, I just had to. My intro drive was in Palawan with one of the marine biologists of Palawan State University. I have never tasted fresher oysters than those we brought up to the surface to eat. My last dive was several years ago in Kauai. Maybe the dive master chose a bad spot, but that spot in Kauai did not compare AT ALL to the marine life in the Philippines! In Tagalog, walang binatbat.
- I took ballet lessons from kindergarten until junior high. I loved it. Then, my mom thought that I should concentrate on piano instead. I can read notes and play, but not at all at the level of someone who has had 4 years of piano lessons.
- I have numerous scars from biking accidents, but I don’t know how to ride a bike. After a fall, I ended up in the ER with a doctor whose bedside manners were lacking. That may have sealed the fate of biking for me.
- My goal is to have an empty refrigerator. An empty refrigerator means I did an excellent job planning my daily menu and buying grocery.
- I do not like roller coasters. I enjoyed them when I was younger, but not anymore. In theme parks, I stick to Star Wars ride, bump cars, and lazy river. My daughter still keeps me company because she isn’t tall enough to ride the big ones yet. Soon, I will be left by my lonesome eating churros and turkey leg waiting for everyone to come back from Log Jam.
- I like salty food more than sweet.
- I still speak with a Batangas accent (puntong Batangueno–ano ga?!!) when I talk to my siblings, or to anyone who speaks to me with that accent.
Here are some of the blogs that I follow and try to read regularly. They are listed in no particular order.
- Czech the Flip
- Domestic Urbanite
- Moms Run San Jose
- Sexy Cuisine
- Diana Does Food
- Bunny and Pork Belly
- Reena Reigns
- Slapp Shot
- Over 50 Under 5
- Life Prints